35% OFF ADDONS CODE EVOCYBER2020
1. What is the typical use case or benefit of Sell Price Options as Separate Tickets?
2. If I create an access code to view an event, the field for changing the code or turning this off isn’t obvious when editing the event. How do I do this?
3. What are the business rules around deleting events? I’ve tested this a few different ways and it seems like the organizer can delete an event even if tickets have been purchased. Is there a way to prevent this other than unchecking Delete Event in Action User Settings/ User Capabilities? I want the organizer to be able to delete events, but not if there are sales associated with it.
4. I have setup Paid Submissions Type which allows for 100 events. I’ve tested by creating only a couple of events with ticket variations. Now my credits show 89/100 remaining, however I have not created 11 events. Is this counting the number of individual tickets created as a single submission?
Thank you for your messages, I am going to assign this ticket to Ashan and he will be able to take it from here and find you a solution. Please allow some time for him to get back to you, we greatly appreciate your patience and thank you for being a eventon customer! .
Ashan- might be a bug with paid submissions and ticket variations
and he has issue of people selling tickets and then deleting the event- so perhaps the new AU addresses some of these
Any answers for 1,2, & 4?
1. By default you can have only one ticket type per event: “Allow to enter”. But Variations with enabled Sell Price Options as Separate Tickets allows you to have “Parent” and “Kid” at the same time so customers can make one purchase as a family.
2. Please go to Edit Event > Visibility: Protected:
3. Organizer or any other user with enabled “Delete Events” capability can delete events they are assigned to. However please create a new ticket and select Feature Request as category so others can vote on your idea and get it moved into development faster. You can send us a customization job request by creating a new ticket in here and selecting Customization Request as the category.
4. We need to check your wp-admin for this. Please send us wp-admin access to your site as a private message for us to further assist your situation.
with regards to #3. I see your point. Currently the only way to stop tickets from deleting is if the permission was disabled from capabilities. I will add this to actionUser or tickets addon as conditions to disable deleting events once tickets are sold. No need to send customization requests.
I just looked over the codes, seems like we would need to update both actionUser and tickets to get this resolved. It may take a bit of a time. We are also doing a big refresh on actionUser addon at the moment, kindly allow us some time for this.