I saw someone else post a question about this today, and I’m hoping for the same thing!
I’m using Action User Plus to allow anyone to add a (free) event. I’d like to give them the option of paying to upgrade the event to a featured event.
In my specific application, it might be ideal to offer a “featured credit” that they can purchase and then use. I can think of ways that I might let them earn these credits (like, for referrals) that don’t have a strict cash value. But I’d accept a version that just let them pay for it!
~ChrisApr 21,2017 AT 4:15PM - 1 week ago -
I love this Idéa. It would be such a great value to a community.
However I would not allow members to be able to pay to get advantages, I feel this creates competition within the community. I would like my members to put up their own event and ‘get gifts/paid’ from those who attend and gained value from their event. Then the community takes on a whole new level of value for the members where they can explore their skills and values, hosting their own events and get symbolic gifts for adding value to the community / have a financial value within the community.
Combining this with Ultimate Member and we have a revolution right here.
What I see would be needed is;
* A members page where members can host and manage their events. (this is where Ultimate Member comes in)
* Simple links to PayPal and other means of transferring money/cryptos as a GIFT on the members’ page and event page
* The “interested” addon would be of high value in combination with this addon
* On the members page one can see all the “interested” events
* A simple way for admin of community to manage and approve the members events
* (suggestion for members page; profile button above filter area that when clicked, the calendar close down and profile page comes up where calendar used to be, just like when switching months. The dream would be to have this linked with Ultimate member as Ultimate Member can be linked with bbpress which I see could be the holy trinity in a community.)
If you make this happen I’d pay good money for the extension.
A collaboration with Ultimate Member and Bbpress would create huge traffic for you guys.
All the best, Vik
Great idea and must have plugin
Hi Vik and chris thnak you very much for your suggestions. Sorry it took me a long time to follow us with you. I am going to move ahead with this idea and will get this implemented as soon as I can.
Hello guys wanted to give you the good news that I have created a new addon for actionUser which will allow you to charge customers for featuring events https://www.myeventon.com/addons/actionuser-paid-feature-events/
please check it out!
Hi, this is also a feature I was hoping for—but the way it works right now isn’t ideal. It would be better if a user could create a free (basic) listing without going through the checkout process. They would only need to go through the checkout process if they are wanting to upgrade their listing.
So basically you would offer offer free listings as well as paid (upgraded) listing options, without making the user who is trying to do a free listing go through the entire checkout process.
Right now, when someone goes to create a free listing, they have to actually “purchase” it and go through the whole checkout process. This is a pretty big barrier to getting people to use the calendar.
with the featured addon
they can create events for free
and then- in the event manager- edit their event and then make it featured at a cost
Please let us know if what dave described makes sense or you would need some more help about this 🙂